Skip to main content

Paleo Challenge Complete!

Popping in after a long hiatus!  I do apologize for my long break.  Kick off of programming at my job is a difficult transition for me.  It makes it hard to balance all that life is expecting of me and I got off track with my blogging.  Plus after being in front of a computer screen most of the day the last thing I wanted to do in the evenings or mornings was sit in front of my computer screen at home!

Now that things are kicked off at my job and the challenge is completed...I'm happy to report that my Paleo partner and I came in second place for the challenge.  Neither of us had any cheats BUT there was one meeting that I wasn't able to attend because of work...and those 5 points got us.

I'm super proud though of our persistance!  My Paleo Partner was a great support for me when I really just wanted a glass of wine after work.  She would vow me to stay true to the challenge!

This past weekend I ran my second 5K with my oldest twin G-money.  He did awesome for his first time out.  I was pleased that my time and pace was so much better than my first 5K.  Of women in my age group I ranked 15/77...not too shabby at all!






The weekend prior Mr. and I headed out of town to be Godparents.  We had a 14 hour drive one way and were determined to continue down our Paleo path even on the road.  We packed great yummy snacks and meals for the road.  This is how we survived:







I'll be back sooner rather than later...but until then...trust me when I say Food is a Drug #Paleo!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paleo Intermittent Fasting--Emeals Paleo Bacon Turkey Meatloaf Recipe included!

At a recent appointment with my favorite Integrative Medicine Physician, Mr. and I were able to lay it out all on the line and learned how to refocus on our health journey.  Dr. W knows of how successful we've been with changing to a Paleo Lifestyle.  He saw us through it every step of the way last time.  So he asked us (individually) what we knew about Intermittent Fasting.  Admittedly, Mr. and I knew very little and probably still don't know much but Dr. W assures us he's super impressed with what he's seen come from research and thought we'd be perfect candidates. So on August 1st (Actually the 31st of July because it was a Monday), Mr. and I started down this path.  Much like the first time I tried paleo I was a little apprehensive.  I've spent the last several years coaching others to eat 3 meals and 2-3 snacks per day.  I've focused on food so much that I wasn't sure how I was going to slow that train down.  I found that 1. It's a lot easi...

Reset in Progress

So for the next two weeks as I reset my habits and start the cleanse, it may be important for those closest to me to tread very lightly.  I was pretty ill for most of the month of December especially that last week or so.  My body is very ready to cleanse and detox and begin the healing process. The Smith household is having a Paleo Reset starting today.  I sort of wish it was as easy as pushing a reset button but unfortunately it is not.  We started Saturday by cleaning out the refrigerator and the pantry.  We did meal plan and shopping Sunday morning.  We stumbled upon a great price on a whole chicken that was antibiotic and additive free.  So I cooked it in the Instant Pot Sunday to have protein for the week.  After it cooled, I shredded it and put the bones back in with Fish Oil, Carrots, Garlic, and Onion and cooked it for 2 hours to make fresh bone broth.  This made 3 mason jars full of broth. I also made an egg quiche ty...

Meal Plan++Paleo Mulligatawny

Thank you to everyone that responded to my survey.  I really appreciate the feedback and look forward to sharing with you this year.  Meal planning has been our best asset to following a paleo lifestyle.  We use emeals and follow the Paleo Meal Plan.  Every week I get an email with lunch and dinner options and I make our meal plan based on the activities we have on our calendar. Wednesday's I work 13-14 hours and so you can bet that I almost always use my crock pot on those nights.  Otherwise, I try to match up the easier meals for our heavier loads on our calendar.   Here's our meal plan for this week. I write out our menu plan on this magnet that's on our fridge.  It makes it easier for me to remember to pull meat and thaw from the freezer in advance. That Jambalaya is in my Instant Pot (on slow cooker mode) as we speak. I've done a horrible job of food pictures that last couple of weeks but wanted to share this recipe with you.  I made ...