Skip to main content

Paleo Challenge Week #1

Mr. and I challenged friends/family/acquaintances to a 30 day Paleo Challenge starting June 1st.  We were thrilled when we had 28 individuals accept our challege.  We set up rules, we shared a "What to eat" list, we shared some of our favorite Emeals recipes, and we partnered them with a random draw for a countability partner.

This 30 Day strict challenge has really inspired Mr. and I as well.  We've been detoxing right along side our Newly Paleo friends.  We've been a bit lax in our paleo lifestyle and followed more of an 80/20 or 70/30 lifestyle.  That's one of many reasons we wanted to issue a challenge, we new we needed to clean up our eating habits too.

We've had mixed reviews.  Most people are enjoying the positives.  We have a great Paleo Support Facebook page to share meal ideas, successes and ask questions.  We've been able to inspire friends out of the country but wanting the benefits of this lifestyle as well.  Strict Paleo can be hard initially but because of the support system it seems as if everyone is doing pretty well.  Mr. has said this cleanse for him has been harder than when he first started the lifestyle.  Our kiddo G expressed this weekend he wanted to join the challenge too.  He started today and by 11 a.m. was already complaining of his withdrawal headache.  Poor kid!

I've been most inspired by everyone's support of each other.  Testimonials from people sending emails about mini successes.  People have already noticed less inflammation (bloating), decrease in allergy/sinus symptoms, and significant weight loss.  This has caused me to keep strict to the paleo rules and guidelines.  I know that the end of this challenge allows me to tweak things to represent my shade of Paleo.  It has also helped me to realize how far I've strayed from my true shade of paleo.  Thank you to all our challengers for the isnpiration!

I'm sharing some of my post that I wrote as I was transitioning to this lifestyle in hopes that something I've said may help you!

What is Paleo?  Follow this link: Paleo is Simple

Starting your journey with a partner?  Follow this link: Couple Paleo Musts

Paleo Meal Planning? Follow this link: Meal Planning for Beginners

Paleo Grocery Shopping? Follow this link: Paleo Grocery Shopping

Keep up the good work!  Food is a Drug #Paleo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just keep moving

I've reset again and have been following my Paleo Lifestyle for over 30 days.  I'm walking, lifting, and eating right! Again, the first 2 weeks were super tough as I detoxed from the sugar and carbs.  But I'm well on the other side of that now and so glad! I do have a little secret to my morning routine that's kept me moving even when my muscles and joints are soar.  I'm sharing this with you and an affiliate link through Amazon. I've added this collagen powder to my bulletproof coffee and can tell a difference.  Some of the added benefits beyond my joints can be found in my fingernails and hair growth.  I'm on my second container of this particular brand. In the morning add 1-2 tsp of coconut oil, 1-2 tsp of grass fed butter, and a scoop of this Collagen Powder to my Magic Bullet and fill the rest with coffee.  10-15 second of blending and it makes a wonderful fat filled coffee that allows my intermittent fasting to happen. After my long morning walks...

Meal Plan++Paleo Mulligatawny

Thank you to everyone that responded to my survey.  I really appreciate the feedback and look forward to sharing with you this year.  Meal planning has been our best asset to following a paleo lifestyle.  We use emeals and follow the Paleo Meal Plan.  Every week I get an email with lunch and dinner options and I make our meal plan based on the activities we have on our calendar. Wednesday's I work 13-14 hours and so you can bet that I almost always use my crock pot on those nights.  Otherwise, I try to match up the easier meals for our heavier loads on our calendar.   Here's our meal plan for this week. I write out our menu plan on this magnet that's on our fridge.  It makes it easier for me to remember to pull meat and thaw from the freezer in advance. That Jambalaya is in my Instant Pot (on slow cooker mode) as we speak. I've done a horrible job of food pictures that last couple of weeks but wanted to share this recipe with you.  I made ...

Paleo Intermittent Fasting--Emeals Paleo Bacon Turkey Meatloaf Recipe included!

At a recent appointment with my favorite Integrative Medicine Physician, Mr. and I were able to lay it out all on the line and learned how to refocus on our health journey.  Dr. W knows of how successful we've been with changing to a Paleo Lifestyle.  He saw us through it every step of the way last time.  So he asked us (individually) what we knew about Intermittent Fasting.  Admittedly, Mr. and I knew very little and probably still don't know much but Dr. W assures us he's super impressed with what he's seen come from research and thought we'd be perfect candidates. So on August 1st (Actually the 31st of July because it was a Monday), Mr. and I started down this path.  Much like the first time I tried paleo I was a little apprehensive.  I've spent the last several years coaching others to eat 3 meals and 2-3 snacks per day.  I've focused on food so much that I wasn't sure how I was going to slow that train down.  I found that 1. It's a lot easi...