Skip to main content

Stepping Out In Support of Paleo

My goal is for this Blog to help someone make the switch to Paleo and ultimately live a happier and healthier life.  I am stepping out in support of the Paleo lifestyle because it has changed my life and my husbands life for the better.  

Please know that I am not a writer.  My "style" if you will, of writing is more conversational than gramatical and I am o.k. with that.  I hope you can be too because I think I have a lot of great experience from learning how to actually live the Paleo lifestyle to share!

For now, however, I'd like to share with you my dinner from last night.  I've just returned from an extended trip and my Mr. has been taking care of grocery shopping and meal planning and does it much differently than me but I fused our efforts and made Maple Mustard Chicken Thighs with Cabbage Apple, Bacon, and Walnut Side Dish.  This recipe was taken in part from www.emeals.com and changed to what we had on hand.  EMeals is my go to place for all recipes Paleo.  More about how I use it in a post to come.

Maple Mustard Chicken Thighs with Cabbage, Apple, Bacon and Walnut Side Dish

This was so good that both of my boys had seconds as did my husband and myself.  It fixed enough that I had lunches for leftovers for the Mr. and I today.  I can't wait to share my story and get to know you all along the way!  Welcome to FoodIsADrug#Paleo!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reset in Progress

So for the next two weeks as I reset my habits and start the cleanse, it may be important for those closest to me to tread very lightly.  I was pretty ill for most of the month of December especially that last week or so.  My body is very ready to cleanse and detox and begin the healing process. The Smith household is having a Paleo Reset starting today.  I sort of wish it was as easy as pushing a reset button but unfortunately it is not.  We started Saturday by cleaning out the refrigerator and the pantry.  We did meal plan and shopping Sunday morning.  We stumbled upon a great price on a whole chicken that was antibiotic and additive free.  So I cooked it in the Instant Pot Sunday to have protein for the week.  After it cooled, I shredded it and put the bones back in with Fish Oil, Carrots, Garlic, and Onion and cooked it for 2 hours to make fresh bone broth.  This made 3 mason jars full of broth. I also made an egg quiche ty...

Paleo Intermittent Fasting--Emeals Paleo Bacon Turkey Meatloaf Recipe included!

At a recent appointment with my favorite Integrative Medicine Physician, Mr. and I were able to lay it out all on the line and learned how to refocus on our health journey.  Dr. W knows of how successful we've been with changing to a Paleo Lifestyle.  He saw us through it every step of the way last time.  So he asked us (individually) what we knew about Intermittent Fasting.  Admittedly, Mr. and I knew very little and probably still don't know much but Dr. W assures us he's super impressed with what he's seen come from research and thought we'd be perfect candidates. So on August 1st (Actually the 31st of July because it was a Monday), Mr. and I started down this path.  Much like the first time I tried paleo I was a little apprehensive.  I've spent the last several years coaching others to eat 3 meals and 2-3 snacks per day.  I've focused on food so much that I wasn't sure how I was going to slow that train down.  I found that 1. It's a lot easi...

Meal Plan++Paleo Mulligatawny

Thank you to everyone that responded to my survey.  I really appreciate the feedback and look forward to sharing with you this year.  Meal planning has been our best asset to following a paleo lifestyle.  We use emeals and follow the Paleo Meal Plan.  Every week I get an email with lunch and dinner options and I make our meal plan based on the activities we have on our calendar. Wednesday's I work 13-14 hours and so you can bet that I almost always use my crock pot on those nights.  Otherwise, I try to match up the easier meals for our heavier loads on our calendar.   Here's our meal plan for this week. I write out our menu plan on this magnet that's on our fridge.  It makes it easier for me to remember to pull meat and thaw from the freezer in advance. That Jambalaya is in my Instant Pot (on slow cooker mode) as we speak. I've done a horrible job of food pictures that last couple of weeks but wanted to share this recipe with you.  I made ...