Skip to main content

Exciting News and a Month in Review

If you are local to our area (Indiana).  Mr. and I are excited to share with you that he will be doing a LIVE segment this Sunday morning at 9:50 a.m. on Fox 59.  He will be sharing our Paleo success with Emeals and Paleo.  I will not be able to join him as I work Sunday mornings.  He will represent us well and I am excited to get the word out about this blog and Paleo in general!

If you've been visiting the blog the last couple of weeks you'll notice that I've been doing the Learning Curve that comes along with blogging.  I have no background in writing or blogging so it's been a slow process.  Thanks for being patient.  I've recently purchased a domain name and so at some point will be able to share this with all of you.  Let's just say You Tube videos and I have become good friends this week!  I have soooo much to learn.

If your new to us or have missed something this month here's a quick recap of your favorite posts during our first month of blogging (which is really only a couple of weeks).

Mrs. Paleo Journey


Mr. Paleo Journey

The Symbol of My Ring



Lining Up the Ingredients

10 Simple Ways to get your Kids to Eat Paleo


I <3 EGGS!

I love hearing from my readers.  It's humbling and encouraging at the same time.  Any questions or suggestions on what you want to know about Paleo and our Journey?  I'm happy to share if I am able!  Thanks for all your encouragement as we begin to share our Journey!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reset in Progress

So for the next two weeks as I reset my habits and start the cleanse, it may be important for those closest to me to tread very lightly.  I was pretty ill for most of the month of December especially that last week or so.  My body is very ready to cleanse and detox and begin the healing process. The Smith household is having a Paleo Reset starting today.  I sort of wish it was as easy as pushing a reset button but unfortunately it is not.  We started Saturday by cleaning out the refrigerator and the pantry.  We did meal plan and shopping Sunday morning.  We stumbled upon a great price on a whole chicken that was antibiotic and additive free.  So I cooked it in the Instant Pot Sunday to have protein for the week.  After it cooled, I shredded it and put the bones back in with Fish Oil, Carrots, Garlic, and Onion and cooked it for 2 hours to make fresh bone broth.  This made 3 mason jars full of broth. I also made an egg quiche ty...

Paleo Intermittent Fasting--Emeals Paleo Bacon Turkey Meatloaf Recipe included!

At a recent appointment with my favorite Integrative Medicine Physician, Mr. and I were able to lay it out all on the line and learned how to refocus on our health journey.  Dr. W knows of how successful we've been with changing to a Paleo Lifestyle.  He saw us through it every step of the way last time.  So he asked us (individually) what we knew about Intermittent Fasting.  Admittedly, Mr. and I knew very little and probably still don't know much but Dr. W assures us he's super impressed with what he's seen come from research and thought we'd be perfect candidates. So on August 1st (Actually the 31st of July because it was a Monday), Mr. and I started down this path.  Much like the first time I tried paleo I was a little apprehensive.  I've spent the last several years coaching others to eat 3 meals and 2-3 snacks per day.  I've focused on food so much that I wasn't sure how I was going to slow that train down.  I found that 1. It's a lot easi...

Meal Plan++Paleo Mulligatawny

Thank you to everyone that responded to my survey.  I really appreciate the feedback and look forward to sharing with you this year.  Meal planning has been our best asset to following a paleo lifestyle.  We use emeals and follow the Paleo Meal Plan.  Every week I get an email with lunch and dinner options and I make our meal plan based on the activities we have on our calendar. Wednesday's I work 13-14 hours and so you can bet that I almost always use my crock pot on those nights.  Otherwise, I try to match up the easier meals for our heavier loads on our calendar.   Here's our meal plan for this week. I write out our menu plan on this magnet that's on our fridge.  It makes it easier for me to remember to pull meat and thaw from the freezer in advance. That Jambalaya is in my Instant Pot (on slow cooker mode) as we speak. I've done a horrible job of food pictures that last couple of weeks but wanted to share this recipe with you.  I made ...