Skip to main content

Paleo Challenge Day #1

Day #1 went well.  I was able to get to the store and get my weeks worth of food and snacks.  When I got home I had some leftovers and did prep work before starting on dinner.  It felt like a crazy fast paced day.  I got my exercise in yesterday too.  An early morning workout, a walk, and pacing Mr with a bike while he jogged.  A big increase in water had me in the restroom more than I had planned.


This was the food I ate on my first day.  I had 1/2 a Larabar on the way to workout.  When I came home I had eggs, bacon, and a side of tomato fresh from the garden.  Lunch was leftover chicken thighs and Cauli-Rice.  Dinner was marinated grilled chicken thighs with a grilled side of zucchini, red pepper and okra.  I had a snack after my bike ride of apple, celery with almond butter.  

Again it feels so good to eat healthy I mentally struggle with why I feel like cheats are worth it. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paleo Intermittent Fasting--Emeals Paleo Bacon Turkey Meatloaf Recipe included!

At a recent appointment with my favorite Integrative Medicine Physician, Mr. and I were able to lay it out all on the line and learned how to refocus on our health journey.  Dr. W knows of how successful we've been with changing to a Paleo Lifestyle.  He saw us through it every step of the way last time.  So he asked us (individually) what we knew about Intermittent Fasting.  Admittedly, Mr. and I knew very little and probably still don't know much but Dr. W assures us he's super impressed with what he's seen come from research and thought we'd be perfect candidates. So on August 1st (Actually the 31st of July because it was a Monday), Mr. and I started down this path.  Much like the first time I tried paleo I was a little apprehensive.  I've spent the last several years coaching others to eat 3 meals and 2-3 snacks per day.  I've focused on food so much that I wasn't sure how I was going to slow that train down.  I found that 1. It's a lot easi...

Reset in Progress

So for the next two weeks as I reset my habits and start the cleanse, it may be important for those closest to me to tread very lightly.  I was pretty ill for most of the month of December especially that last week or so.  My body is very ready to cleanse and detox and begin the healing process. The Smith household is having a Paleo Reset starting today.  I sort of wish it was as easy as pushing a reset button but unfortunately it is not.  We started Saturday by cleaning out the refrigerator and the pantry.  We did meal plan and shopping Sunday morning.  We stumbled upon a great price on a whole chicken that was antibiotic and additive free.  So I cooked it in the Instant Pot Sunday to have protein for the week.  After it cooled, I shredded it and put the bones back in with Fish Oil, Carrots, Garlic, and Onion and cooked it for 2 hours to make fresh bone broth.  This made 3 mason jars full of broth. I also made an egg quiche ty...

Meal Plan++Paleo Mulligatawny

Thank you to everyone that responded to my survey.  I really appreciate the feedback and look forward to sharing with you this year.  Meal planning has been our best asset to following a paleo lifestyle.  We use emeals and follow the Paleo Meal Plan.  Every week I get an email with lunch and dinner options and I make our meal plan based on the activities we have on our calendar. Wednesday's I work 13-14 hours and so you can bet that I almost always use my crock pot on those nights.  Otherwise, I try to match up the easier meals for our heavier loads on our calendar.   Here's our meal plan for this week. I write out our menu plan on this magnet that's on our fridge.  It makes it easier for me to remember to pull meat and thaw from the freezer in advance. That Jambalaya is in my Instant Pot (on slow cooker mode) as we speak. I've done a horrible job of food pictures that last couple of weeks but wanted to share this recipe with you.  I made ...