Skip to main content

Personal Paleo Challenge Day# 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

I'm over here plugging along still on Day #8 of my 90 day Paleo journey.

We've had a busy weekend and beginning of the week.

I got to cheer my favorite Triathlete on during his 1st Olympic Trialthlon this weekend:


I got to cheer on my to favorite 5th graders all the way to their first day of school.


I got to help my favorite 3 year old niece celebrate her Frozen Birthday.


Plus I got to meal plan and shop for the week for my own first week back to school.  Using emeals has cut the time I spend meal planning down by hours.  I simply go to my phone and use the emeals app to pull up the menu and grocery list for the week.  I am in love with a new feature on the emeals app.  I'm not the biggest fan of cooking seafood at home especially indoors during the winter.  So the new feature allows me to replace it with one of my favorites from prior weeks AND updates my shopping list reflecting the change!


So far so good.  I've been able to eat well but not perfect these last few days.

When we picked up Mr's packet for his race the next day we headed to Texas Roadhouse.  This is my favorite Paleo meal out.  Salad, prime rib and sweet potato.  It hit the spot that evening.


I picked up a sale slab of Spare Ribs on my shopping venture and used my new Instant Pot for the 3rd time.  I can't wait to continue to use it more and more but for now I've got the ribs down pat!


I found this lunch meat at Aldi's a couple of weeks ago and have bought it for the boys lunches and have even packed it for myself a time or two.  Uncured Black Forest Ham!


How do I stay Paleo during this busy time?  PLANNING!!!  I pack snacks with me wherever I go so I know I won't be hungry before my next meal.  I use emeals for my dinner plans and adjust the menu based on our activity level that night.  When I come home from the grocery I chop up celery and carrots for snacks during the week.  This week I made 2 extra meals that didn't get cooked last week and that has ensured us plenty of leftovers.




For back to school planning emeals is perfect.  I've recently been able to review the lunch plan and again I'm in love.  Great stuff that I can either make quickly at home during my lunch break and non cook options that I can pack for the boys and I the night before.  Emeals has been one of the easiest back to school decisions I've made.  Emeals helps Mr. and I take the stress out of meal planning, shopping and prep.

I've been keeping my activity level up during my Personal Paleo Challenge too.  Since I workout in the morning it's helped keep the boys on a better schedule as we head back to school.  Their football season starts tomorrow...then the fun really begins!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reset in Progress

So for the next two weeks as I reset my habits and start the cleanse, it may be important for those closest to me to tread very lightly.  I was pretty ill for most of the month of December especially that last week or so.  My body is very ready to cleanse and detox and begin the healing process. The Smith household is having a Paleo Reset starting today.  I sort of wish it was as easy as pushing a reset button but unfortunately it is not.  We started Saturday by cleaning out the refrigerator and the pantry.  We did meal plan and shopping Sunday morning.  We stumbled upon a great price on a whole chicken that was antibiotic and additive free.  So I cooked it in the Instant Pot Sunday to have protein for the week.  After it cooled, I shredded it and put the bones back in with Fish Oil, Carrots, Garlic, and Onion and cooked it for 2 hours to make fresh bone broth.  This made 3 mason jars full of broth. I also made an egg quiche ty...

Paleo Intermittent Fasting--Emeals Paleo Bacon Turkey Meatloaf Recipe included!

At a recent appointment with my favorite Integrative Medicine Physician, Mr. and I were able to lay it out all on the line and learned how to refocus on our health journey.  Dr. W knows of how successful we've been with changing to a Paleo Lifestyle.  He saw us through it every step of the way last time.  So he asked us (individually) what we knew about Intermittent Fasting.  Admittedly, Mr. and I knew very little and probably still don't know much but Dr. W assures us he's super impressed with what he's seen come from research and thought we'd be perfect candidates. So on August 1st (Actually the 31st of July because it was a Monday), Mr. and I started down this path.  Much like the first time I tried paleo I was a little apprehensive.  I've spent the last several years coaching others to eat 3 meals and 2-3 snacks per day.  I've focused on food so much that I wasn't sure how I was going to slow that train down.  I found that 1. It's a lot easi...

Meal Plan++Paleo Mulligatawny

Thank you to everyone that responded to my survey.  I really appreciate the feedback and look forward to sharing with you this year.  Meal planning has been our best asset to following a paleo lifestyle.  We use emeals and follow the Paleo Meal Plan.  Every week I get an email with lunch and dinner options and I make our meal plan based on the activities we have on our calendar. Wednesday's I work 13-14 hours and so you can bet that I almost always use my crock pot on those nights.  Otherwise, I try to match up the easier meals for our heavier loads on our calendar.   Here's our meal plan for this week. I write out our menu plan on this magnet that's on our fridge.  It makes it easier for me to remember to pull meat and thaw from the freezer in advance. That Jambalaya is in my Instant Pot (on slow cooker mode) as we speak. I've done a horrible job of food pictures that last couple of weeks but wanted to share this recipe with you.  I made ...