Skip to main content

Day 2/30 Paleo Challenge with a Paleo Crockpot Recipe Share

I forgot to take my vitamins this morning :(  Somewhere in the rush of packing lunches, eating breakfast, and prepping dinner I forgot to grab them.  Taking them at noon for some reason feels different for me than taking them right around breakfast time!

No workout for me this a.m.  I turned off the alarm clock after a short mental struggle.  I do plan on running again this evening and tomorrow morning.  My run last night wasn't pretty but I managed.  My pace is super slow and I am not sure how to be quicker and still be able to breath.  I assume it's just a combination of practice and work.  My first 1.5 miles was pretty decent but then I had to put in both ear buds and concentrate.  I developed a cramp in my side and in my back but instead of stopping to walk I just slowed my pace.  Will I ever be able to go longer distances?

So this morning I got to sleep in a bit and had this for breakfast:

I packed this for my morning snack:

Warmed up last nights leftovers for lunch:

Then I had this for an afternoon snack:

Dinner was put in the crock pot before I left for work:
Emeals Dinner Recipe Share Below

Slow-Cooker Beef Roast with Mushrooms
(Disclaimer: Due to the Paleo Challenge I opted not to brown the roast with almond flour)

Ingredients: 3 lb beef chuck roast, 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, 1/4 cup of almond flour, 1 Tbsp coconut oil, 1 large onion chopped, 1 1/2 cups celery chopped, 1 (16oz) package of sliced mushrooms, 1 cup organic chicken broth, 3 Tbsp coconut aminos soy-free sauce, 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar

Directions:  Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper; dredge in almond flour.  Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.  Add beef, and cook 3 minutes per side or until browned.  Transfer beef to a 5 or 6 quart slow cook; top with onion, celery and mushrooms.  In a small bowl, stir together broth, coconut aminos and balsamic vinegar.  Pour over vegetables in slow cooker.  Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours or until roast is tender.

Arugula-Almond Salad

Ingredients: 1 (10 oz) bag baby arugula, 1 red onion thinly sliced, 1/4 cup sliced almonds, 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp lemon pepper

Directions:  Combine Arugula, onion, and almonds in a serving bowl.  Whisk together oil, vinegar, salt and lemon pepper in a bowl.  Drizzle vinaigrette over arugula salad; toss to coat.

I'm ending my evening with a rec league volleyball game and a run if the weather hold out.  I might also add...that part of our partner challenge is to share our food journals with our partner.  So get used to seeing the contents of my stomach for the next month...but to ease the pain I will share as many recipes as I can!  Food is a Drug #Paleo!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reset in Progress

So for the next two weeks as I reset my habits and start the cleanse, it may be important for those closest to me to tread very lightly.  I was pretty ill for most of the month of December especially that last week or so.  My body is very ready to cleanse and detox and begin the healing process. The Smith household is having a Paleo Reset starting today.  I sort of wish it was as easy as pushing a reset button but unfortunately it is not.  We started Saturday by cleaning out the refrigerator and the pantry.  We did meal plan and shopping Sunday morning.  We stumbled upon a great price on a whole chicken that was antibiotic and additive free.  So I cooked it in the Instant Pot Sunday to have protein for the week.  After it cooled, I shredded it and put the bones back in with Fish Oil, Carrots, Garlic, and Onion and cooked it for 2 hours to make fresh bone broth.  This made 3 mason jars full of broth. I also made an egg quiche ty...

Paleo Intermittent Fasting--Emeals Paleo Bacon Turkey Meatloaf Recipe included!

At a recent appointment with my favorite Integrative Medicine Physician, Mr. and I were able to lay it out all on the line and learned how to refocus on our health journey.  Dr. W knows of how successful we've been with changing to a Paleo Lifestyle.  He saw us through it every step of the way last time.  So he asked us (individually) what we knew about Intermittent Fasting.  Admittedly, Mr. and I knew very little and probably still don't know much but Dr. W assures us he's super impressed with what he's seen come from research and thought we'd be perfect candidates. So on August 1st (Actually the 31st of July because it was a Monday), Mr. and I started down this path.  Much like the first time I tried paleo I was a little apprehensive.  I've spent the last several years coaching others to eat 3 meals and 2-3 snacks per day.  I've focused on food so much that I wasn't sure how I was going to slow that train down.  I found that 1. It's a lot easi...

Meal Plan++Paleo Mulligatawny

Thank you to everyone that responded to my survey.  I really appreciate the feedback and look forward to sharing with you this year.  Meal planning has been our best asset to following a paleo lifestyle.  We use emeals and follow the Paleo Meal Plan.  Every week I get an email with lunch and dinner options and I make our meal plan based on the activities we have on our calendar. Wednesday's I work 13-14 hours and so you can bet that I almost always use my crock pot on those nights.  Otherwise, I try to match up the easier meals for our heavier loads on our calendar.   Here's our meal plan for this week. I write out our menu plan on this magnet that's on our fridge.  It makes it easier for me to remember to pull meat and thaw from the freezer in advance. That Jambalaya is in my Instant Pot (on slow cooker mode) as we speak. I've done a horrible job of food pictures that last couple of weeks but wanted to share this recipe with you.  I made ...