Skip to main content

Day 3/30 Day Paleo Challenge + Paleo Crockpot Peach Infused Pork Shoulder!

Last night my run was almost more of a walk than a run.  My first 1.5 again when fine...but I started noticing knee pain and walk/jogged the other 1.5.  I iced when I got home.  This morning when I did a squate to get a pan out of the cabinet, I realized that it was a good decision to walk/jog the rest.  It's really pretty tight!

My rec league team lost our volleyball game last night but not without a fight and only by 2 pts in the 3rd set.  It was a bummer BUT I took on my word "Shine" and held my ground in an unexpected way.  There was a lady that made a comment to me when we were shaking hands after the first match.  I didn't appreciate the other teams sportsmanship through years of playing them.  I normally don't say anything.  I'm a keep my mouth shut kind of person.  After the game was over I confronted the lady and suggested that she not ever talk to me like that again.  For many of you this wouldn't be a big deal but for me it was a moment that I stood up for myself.  Of course afterwards I fretted about my words and shaky words all night.  In the end it felt good to be me and SHINE!

This morning was a busy morning!  I was the host of our bi monthly staff meeting.  Hosting comes with an expectation of some sort of food.  I put together my favorite Paleo egg casserole and sliced a melon and grapes and viola.  Our staff loves the casserole and always gets rave reviews.  I used it this morning for my snack because Mr. had already made me breakfast.  (I just love him.)

Breakfast:

Morning "snack":

Leftovers for lunch:

Afternoon Snack:

In addition to making a casserole this morning, I also got dinner in the crockpot.  I am excited to share this recipe with you!  I must say, I've never had peaches in my crockpot before!  The best part for me of dinner was the salad!  Maybe because I've been cutting back on fruit and it had apples and blueberries in it!


Emeals Slow Cooker Peach-Infused Pork

Ingredients: 2 Tbsp coconut oil, 3 lb bone in pork shoulder, trimmed, 2 Tbsp Almond Flour, 1 large onion chopped, 4 cloves minced garlic, 2 peaches sliced, 1/2 cup organic chicken broth, 2 tsp chili powder, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper

Directions:  Melt oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.  Sprinkle pork should with flour; add pork to hot skillet.  Brown on all sides (about 8 min total)  Transfer pork to 5 or 6 quart slow cooker.  Add onion, garlic peaches, broth, chili powder, salt and pepper.  Cover and cook on Low 7 to 8 hours or until pork is tender.  **Because I am doing the paleo challenge this month I opted out of the almond flour and just put the pork in the crockpot without almond flour or searing.

Blueberry-Apple Spinach Salad

Ingredients:  1/2 cup sliced almonds, 1 (10 oz) bag baby spinach, 1 cup blueberries, 1 apple finely chopped, 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar, 2 tsp Dijon mustard, 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Directions:  Preheat oven to 325.  Place almonds on a small baking sheet; toast 5 minutes or until fragrant and lightly browned.  Combine spinach, blueberries, apple and almonds in a serving bowl.  Whisk together vinegar, and mustard; slowly whisk in olive oil.  Pour dressing over spinach mixture and toss to coat.

Definitely looking forward to my leftovers tomorrow!  

I did the light workout tonight at the box.  It was so crowded!  Just thinking of the Crossfit potential in our community is inspiring!  Food is a Drug # Paleo!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reset in Progress

So for the next two weeks as I reset my habits and start the cleanse, it may be important for those closest to me to tread very lightly.  I was pretty ill for most of the month of December especially that last week or so.  My body is very ready to cleanse and detox and begin the healing process. The Smith household is having a Paleo Reset starting today.  I sort of wish it was as easy as pushing a reset button but unfortunately it is not.  We started Saturday by cleaning out the refrigerator and the pantry.  We did meal plan and shopping Sunday morning.  We stumbled upon a great price on a whole chicken that was antibiotic and additive free.  So I cooked it in the Instant Pot Sunday to have protein for the week.  After it cooled, I shredded it and put the bones back in with Fish Oil, Carrots, Garlic, and Onion and cooked it for 2 hours to make fresh bone broth.  This made 3 mason jars full of broth. I also made an egg quiche ty...

Paleo Intermittent Fasting--Emeals Paleo Bacon Turkey Meatloaf Recipe included!

At a recent appointment with my favorite Integrative Medicine Physician, Mr. and I were able to lay it out all on the line and learned how to refocus on our health journey.  Dr. W knows of how successful we've been with changing to a Paleo Lifestyle.  He saw us through it every step of the way last time.  So he asked us (individually) what we knew about Intermittent Fasting.  Admittedly, Mr. and I knew very little and probably still don't know much but Dr. W assures us he's super impressed with what he's seen come from research and thought we'd be perfect candidates. So on August 1st (Actually the 31st of July because it was a Monday), Mr. and I started down this path.  Much like the first time I tried paleo I was a little apprehensive.  I've spent the last several years coaching others to eat 3 meals and 2-3 snacks per day.  I've focused on food so much that I wasn't sure how I was going to slow that train down.  I found that 1. It's a lot easi...

Meal Plan++Paleo Mulligatawny

Thank you to everyone that responded to my survey.  I really appreciate the feedback and look forward to sharing with you this year.  Meal planning has been our best asset to following a paleo lifestyle.  We use emeals and follow the Paleo Meal Plan.  Every week I get an email with lunch and dinner options and I make our meal plan based on the activities we have on our calendar. Wednesday's I work 13-14 hours and so you can bet that I almost always use my crock pot on those nights.  Otherwise, I try to match up the easier meals for our heavier loads on our calendar.   Here's our meal plan for this week. I write out our menu plan on this magnet that's on our fridge.  It makes it easier for me to remember to pull meat and thaw from the freezer in advance. That Jambalaya is in my Instant Pot (on slow cooker mode) as we speak. I've done a horrible job of food pictures that last couple of weeks but wanted to share this recipe with you.  I made ...