Skip to main content

Personal Paleo Challenge Day# 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

I'm over here plugging along still on Day #8 of my 90 day Paleo journey.

We've had a busy weekend and beginning of the week.

I got to cheer my favorite Triathlete on during his 1st Olympic Trialthlon this weekend:


I got to cheer on my to favorite 5th graders all the way to their first day of school.


I got to help my favorite 3 year old niece celebrate her Frozen Birthday.


Plus I got to meal plan and shop for the week for my own first week back to school.  Using emeals has cut the time I spend meal planning down by hours.  I simply go to my phone and use the emeals app to pull up the menu and grocery list for the week.  I am in love with a new feature on the emeals app.  I'm not the biggest fan of cooking seafood at home especially indoors during the winter.  So the new feature allows me to replace it with one of my favorites from prior weeks AND updates my shopping list reflecting the change!


So far so good.  I've been able to eat well but not perfect these last few days.

When we picked up Mr's packet for his race the next day we headed to Texas Roadhouse.  This is my favorite Paleo meal out.  Salad, prime rib and sweet potato.  It hit the spot that evening.


I picked up a sale slab of Spare Ribs on my shopping venture and used my new Instant Pot for the 3rd time.  I can't wait to continue to use it more and more but for now I've got the ribs down pat!


I found this lunch meat at Aldi's a couple of weeks ago and have bought it for the boys lunches and have even packed it for myself a time or two.  Uncured Black Forest Ham!


How do I stay Paleo during this busy time?  PLANNING!!!  I pack snacks with me wherever I go so I know I won't be hungry before my next meal.  I use emeals for my dinner plans and adjust the menu based on our activity level that night.  When I come home from the grocery I chop up celery and carrots for snacks during the week.  This week I made 2 extra meals that didn't get cooked last week and that has ensured us plenty of leftovers.




For back to school planning emeals is perfect.  I've recently been able to review the lunch plan and again I'm in love.  Great stuff that I can either make quickly at home during my lunch break and non cook options that I can pack for the boys and I the night before.  Emeals has been one of the easiest back to school decisions I've made.  Emeals helps Mr. and I take the stress out of meal planning, shopping and prep.

I've been keeping my activity level up during my Personal Paleo Challenge too.  Since I workout in the morning it's helped keep the boys on a better schedule as we head back to school.  Their football season starts tomorrow...then the fun really begins!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Simple Steps to Understanding Paleo for Beginners

Just 6 months ago Mr. and I were beginning our Paleo Journey.  We started at our local Crossfit Gym Crossfit Seymour .  Friends of ours own the gym and they were having a 30 day Paleo/Crossfit Challenge.  Lucky for us Coach Sam had a 30 day meal plan prepared that he shared with us.  We didn't have the stress of deciding what we were having for dinner.  He had recipes that he and his wife had gathered that he shared with us.  We did the bulk of our cooking on Sunday, which he called our Sunday WOD (workout of the day).  It was at the end of our 30 day challenge when Mr. and I decided we wanted to adopt the Paleo Lifestyle that I found myself stressed and anxious about what to do next.   The answer for us was Emeals . I've written a post about emeals you can find here:  Paleo Emeals .  This was a great starting point for us that took a lot of the planning and stress off my shoulders.  It still allowed me to learn more.   1.  Paleo Food List It's important to k

10 Things Couples Starting their Paleo Journey Should Know!

Mr. and I started our Paleo Journey pretty much together.  I can't say that it was a smooth beginning.  We definitely have learned a lot through the process and continue to do so.  Here's a quick list of 10 things you should know when starting the Paleo Journey as a Couple!   1. Support from your partner! Support from your partner is key to your journey.  It's been one of the best things we've done as far as our relationship is concerned.  We've literally lost a person (130 lbs) in 6 months.  It's not all been pretty but we are a stronger TEAM because we've been on the journey together! 2.  There's No 'I' in Team! Teamwork makes the dream work!  I couldn't have done this without Mr. rolling up his sleeves and pitching in.  We both like to be in the kitchen but neither of us is fond of the clean up afterwards.  We do teamwork with cooking when we are both home.  This way it doesn't fall on one persons shoulder!  We

Fueling Your Body

The owner of our local gym, Crossfit Seymour, is who uses the term, "Food is a Drug."  I started using it on here because I realized how true it was in my own body.  As I adjusted to the Paleo lifestyle and Crossfit too I could feel the difference in my energy level, inflammation, and overall wellness almost immediately! Last week was my kiddos spring break.  We usually head south to a warmer climate but decided to have the ever trendy 'staycation.'  We did one fun thing each day to keep the week exciting.  While all that fun was being had I had several moments of weakness. My downhill spiral started on Tuesday at the movie theater.  We rarely go to the movies.  I was overwhelmed by the glorious smell of popcorn when we entered the theater.  I had no will power.  The boys got a popcorn to split and each of them had a soda.  The first handful I had I knew I could handle it...but unfortunately I didn't have just one handful.  I was frustrated with myself but wen