Skip to main content

Paleo Emeals as seen on WHAS 11

If you are joining us after watching Mr. on Great Day Live today, Welcome! You can read our Paleo Journeys here: 
Mrs. Paleo Journey

 Mr. Paleo Journey

I've only been blogging and publicly sharing our journey for a couple of weeks and we hope you stay with us to follow us as we continue our journey.  Here are links to some of the most popular blogs to date: 

The Symbol of my Ring

 Lining up the Ingredients

10 Simple Ways to get your Kids to eat Paleo!

If you have been following our blog the last couple of weeks you know that we are big advocates of Emeals.  After our 30 day Paleo Challenge which was guided by the coach at our gym we found ourselves wanting more but not sure where to go next.  A couple of years ago Mr. and I had taken the Financial Peace University course offered by Dave Ramsey.  On his radio program we would hear him mention Emeals and I often thought about looking into it to save money on my grocery budget.  Luckily, I also remembered the commercials talked about Emeals having different plans: Money Saving, Low Fat, Gluten Free, and Paleo. When I checked out the website to get more information I found the site so easy to navigate.  Not only do they have plans to meet your specifications but they also have 4-6 Servings or 2-3 servings meal plans.  So it is perfect whether you have a family or if you are single or married couple.  What I loved the most was printing off a sample weeks recipes and trying it out to see if it was going to be the right fit for our family.

Our Favorite Things about Emeals:

Grocery shopping List: Every week at the end of the meal plan there is the grocery shopping list.  It categorizes the items by the section of the store.  Produce, Meat and seafood, canned, and frozen are most of the categories.  This makes my grocery trip so much smoother.  Here's a post about how I do my grocery shopping every week: Tackling the Grocery Store.


Grocery shopping List


Archives:  We've been using Emeals for 6 months now and print out our recipes every week.  Often times I mark the ones we love and those we don't care so much for.  Then on weeks when there is a recipe that we don't like I simply look back through past recipes to replace it with one that we do.  For instance, I am not a big fan of cooking fish in the house.  I don't mind it on the outdoor grill.  I've spent most of the winter replacing the fish recipes.  We do have them occasionally but not as often as offered on the weekly menus.

Paleo Friendly Emeals Binder

Budget Eating:  Since we've started on our Paleo Journey we have noticed that our grocery bill has increased slightly.  We try and buy the Dirty Dozen organic when possible.  We also buy our meat from a local butcher.  Our eggs come from a small farm when available.  I can't wait for spring, gardening and Farmer's Markets!  When I do my weekly shopping I can spend anywhere from $150-180 per week which sounds expensive BUT we hardly ever eat out.  PLUS when I figure that 3 meals a day for 7 days for 4 people is $6.43 per person per day and we are eating REAL healthy food it makes it worth it.  We eat our leftovers for lunch and have breakfast of eggs and bacon with a side of vegetables or fruit every morning.  We couldn't eat 3 times a day at McDonald's and be as satisfied as we are on $6.43 for the whole day eating Paleo.  

Emeals also has a feature button that you can select the store that you shop at most and it aligns your menu to what is on sale at the store.  I personally shop at three different places every week and have noticed that on weeks chicken or pork is on sale at my selected store that there may be a meal or 2 using that protein the week.  Genius!

WHICH LOOKS BETTER TO YOU?

Home cooked veggies, eggs, bacon and avocado
A heated up Breakfast

I'll take my home cooked version any day!  The recipes on Emeals are so yummy and easy to follow.  That's my favorite part of cooking. Every night I get to create yummy meals that are so good.  I love that every meal is different and we aren't eating the same thing every week.  After 6 months we haven't noticed much repeating of meals or the sides.  I am not bored with cooking or the food I am preparing.  I feel organized and ready for dinner prep every night because (1) I know I have everything I need (2) I am not looking in the fridge at 5 p.m. thinking, 'what am I going to make for dinner tonight?'  Using Emeals takes the stress and rush out of dinner prep and simplifies things so I can spend more time with my family.  Here's a slew of pictures of Emeals we've had recently.  

EMeals Paleo Dinners:





















Thinking about starting your Paleo journey with Emeals?  I want to personally encourage you to take the plunge.  I've losted 60 lbs eating food just like this.  Real Food.  Real Calories.  This whole time I have never felt better!  Follow my blog, ask questions, get organized but remember Paleo is a Journey and Not a Destination!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Simple Steps to Understanding Paleo for Beginners

Just 6 months ago Mr. and I were beginning our Paleo Journey.  We started at our local Crossfit Gym Crossfit Seymour .  Friends of ours own the gym and they were having a 30 day Paleo/Crossfit Challenge.  Lucky for us Coach Sam had a 30 day meal plan prepared that he shared with us.  We didn't have the stress of deciding what we were having for dinner.  He had recipes that he and his wife had gathered that he shared with us.  We did the bulk of our cooking on Sunday, which he called our Sunday WOD (workout of the day).  It was at the end of our 30 day challenge when Mr. and I decided we wanted to adopt the Paleo Lifestyle that I found myself stressed and anxious about what to do next.   The answer for us was Emeals . I've written a post about emeals you can find here:  Paleo Emeals .  This was a great starting point for us that took a lot of the planning and stress off my shoulders.  It still allowed me to learn more.   1.  Paleo Food List It's important to k

10 Things Couples Starting their Paleo Journey Should Know!

Mr. and I started our Paleo Journey pretty much together.  I can't say that it was a smooth beginning.  We definitely have learned a lot through the process and continue to do so.  Here's a quick list of 10 things you should know when starting the Paleo Journey as a Couple!   1. Support from your partner! Support from your partner is key to your journey.  It's been one of the best things we've done as far as our relationship is concerned.  We've literally lost a person (130 lbs) in 6 months.  It's not all been pretty but we are a stronger TEAM because we've been on the journey together! 2.  There's No 'I' in Team! Teamwork makes the dream work!  I couldn't have done this without Mr. rolling up his sleeves and pitching in.  We both like to be in the kitchen but neither of us is fond of the clean up afterwards.  We do teamwork with cooking when we are both home.  This way it doesn't fall on one persons shoulder!  We

Fueling Your Body

The owner of our local gym, Crossfit Seymour, is who uses the term, "Food is a Drug."  I started using it on here because I realized how true it was in my own body.  As I adjusted to the Paleo lifestyle and Crossfit too I could feel the difference in my energy level, inflammation, and overall wellness almost immediately! Last week was my kiddos spring break.  We usually head south to a warmer climate but decided to have the ever trendy 'staycation.'  We did one fun thing each day to keep the week exciting.  While all that fun was being had I had several moments of weakness. My downhill spiral started on Tuesday at the movie theater.  We rarely go to the movies.  I was overwhelmed by the glorious smell of popcorn when we entered the theater.  I had no will power.  The boys got a popcorn to split and each of them had a soda.  The first handful I had I knew I could handle it...but unfortunately I didn't have just one handful.  I was frustrated with myself but wen