Skip to main content

Day 2/30 Paleo Challenge with a Paleo Crockpot Recipe Share

I forgot to take my vitamins this morning :(  Somewhere in the rush of packing lunches, eating breakfast, and prepping dinner I forgot to grab them.  Taking them at noon for some reason feels different for me than taking them right around breakfast time!

No workout for me this a.m.  I turned off the alarm clock after a short mental struggle.  I do plan on running again this evening and tomorrow morning.  My run last night wasn't pretty but I managed.  My pace is super slow and I am not sure how to be quicker and still be able to breath.  I assume it's just a combination of practice and work.  My first 1.5 miles was pretty decent but then I had to put in both ear buds and concentrate.  I developed a cramp in my side and in my back but instead of stopping to walk I just slowed my pace.  Will I ever be able to go longer distances?

So this morning I got to sleep in a bit and had this for breakfast:

I packed this for my morning snack:

Warmed up last nights leftovers for lunch:

Then I had this for an afternoon snack:

Dinner was put in the crock pot before I left for work:
Emeals Dinner Recipe Share Below

Slow-Cooker Beef Roast with Mushrooms
(Disclaimer: Due to the Paleo Challenge I opted not to brown the roast with almond flour)

Ingredients: 3 lb beef chuck roast, 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, 1/4 cup of almond flour, 1 Tbsp coconut oil, 1 large onion chopped, 1 1/2 cups celery chopped, 1 (16oz) package of sliced mushrooms, 1 cup organic chicken broth, 3 Tbsp coconut aminos soy-free sauce, 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar

Directions:  Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper; dredge in almond flour.  Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.  Add beef, and cook 3 minutes per side or until browned.  Transfer beef to a 5 or 6 quart slow cook; top with onion, celery and mushrooms.  In a small bowl, stir together broth, coconut aminos and balsamic vinegar.  Pour over vegetables in slow cooker.  Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours or until roast is tender.

Arugula-Almond Salad

Ingredients: 1 (10 oz) bag baby arugula, 1 red onion thinly sliced, 1/4 cup sliced almonds, 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp lemon pepper

Directions:  Combine Arugula, onion, and almonds in a serving bowl.  Whisk together oil, vinegar, salt and lemon pepper in a bowl.  Drizzle vinaigrette over arugula salad; toss to coat.

I'm ending my evening with a rec league volleyball game and a run if the weather hold out.  I might also add...that part of our partner challenge is to share our food journals with our partner.  So get used to seeing the contents of my stomach for the next month...but to ease the pain I will share as many recipes as I can!  Food is a Drug #Paleo!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Simple Steps to Understanding Paleo for Beginners

Just 6 months ago Mr. and I were beginning our Paleo Journey.  We started at our local Crossfit Gym Crossfit Seymour .  Friends of ours own the gym and they were having a 30 day Paleo/Crossfit Challenge.  Lucky for us Coach Sam had a 30 day meal plan prepared that he shared with us.  We didn't have the stress of deciding what we were having for dinner.  He had recipes that he and his wife had gathered that he shared with us.  We did the bulk of our cooking on Sunday, which he called our Sunday WOD (workout of the day).  It was at the end of our 30 day challenge when Mr. and I decided we wanted to adopt the Paleo Lifestyle that I found myself stressed and anxious about what to do next.   The answer for us was Emeals . I've written a post about emeals you can find here:  Paleo Emeals .  This was a great starting point for us that took a lot of the planning and stress off my shoulders.  It still allowed me to learn more.   1.  Paleo Food List It's important to k

Fueling Your Body

The owner of our local gym, Crossfit Seymour, is who uses the term, "Food is a Drug."  I started using it on here because I realized how true it was in my own body.  As I adjusted to the Paleo lifestyle and Crossfit too I could feel the difference in my energy level, inflammation, and overall wellness almost immediately! Last week was my kiddos spring break.  We usually head south to a warmer climate but decided to have the ever trendy 'staycation.'  We did one fun thing each day to keep the week exciting.  While all that fun was being had I had several moments of weakness. My downhill spiral started on Tuesday at the movie theater.  We rarely go to the movies.  I was overwhelmed by the glorious smell of popcorn when we entered the theater.  I had no will power.  The boys got a popcorn to split and each of them had a soda.  The first handful I had I knew I could handle it...but unfortunately I didn't have just one handful.  I was frustrated with myself but wen

10 Things Couples Starting their Paleo Journey Should Know!

Mr. and I started our Paleo Journey pretty much together.  I can't say that it was a smooth beginning.  We definitely have learned a lot through the process and continue to do so.  Here's a quick list of 10 things you should know when starting the Paleo Journey as a Couple!   1. Support from your partner! Support from your partner is key to your journey.  It's been one of the best things we've done as far as our relationship is concerned.  We've literally lost a person (130 lbs) in 6 months.  It's not all been pretty but we are a stronger TEAM because we've been on the journey together! 2.  There's No 'I' in Team! Teamwork makes the dream work!  I couldn't have done this without Mr. rolling up his sleeves and pitching in.  We both like to be in the kitchen but neither of us is fond of the clean up afterwards.  We do teamwork with cooking when we are both home.  This way it doesn't fall on one persons shoulder!  We