Skip to main content

Day 3/30 Day Paleo Challenge + Paleo Crockpot Peach Infused Pork Shoulder!

Last night my run was almost more of a walk than a run.  My first 1.5 again when fine...but I started noticing knee pain and walk/jogged the other 1.5.  I iced when I got home.  This morning when I did a squate to get a pan out of the cabinet, I realized that it was a good decision to walk/jog the rest.  It's really pretty tight!

My rec league team lost our volleyball game last night but not without a fight and only by 2 pts in the 3rd set.  It was a bummer BUT I took on my word "Shine" and held my ground in an unexpected way.  There was a lady that made a comment to me when we were shaking hands after the first match.  I didn't appreciate the other teams sportsmanship through years of playing them.  I normally don't say anything.  I'm a keep my mouth shut kind of person.  After the game was over I confronted the lady and suggested that she not ever talk to me like that again.  For many of you this wouldn't be a big deal but for me it was a moment that I stood up for myself.  Of course afterwards I fretted about my words and shaky words all night.  In the end it felt good to be me and SHINE!

This morning was a busy morning!  I was the host of our bi monthly staff meeting.  Hosting comes with an expectation of some sort of food.  I put together my favorite Paleo egg casserole and sliced a melon and grapes and viola.  Our staff loves the casserole and always gets rave reviews.  I used it this morning for my snack because Mr. had already made me breakfast.  (I just love him.)

Breakfast:

Morning "snack":

Leftovers for lunch:

Afternoon Snack:

In addition to making a casserole this morning, I also got dinner in the crockpot.  I am excited to share this recipe with you!  I must say, I've never had peaches in my crockpot before!  The best part for me of dinner was the salad!  Maybe because I've been cutting back on fruit and it had apples and blueberries in it!


Emeals Slow Cooker Peach-Infused Pork

Ingredients: 2 Tbsp coconut oil, 3 lb bone in pork shoulder, trimmed, 2 Tbsp Almond Flour, 1 large onion chopped, 4 cloves minced garlic, 2 peaches sliced, 1/2 cup organic chicken broth, 2 tsp chili powder, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper

Directions:  Melt oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.  Sprinkle pork should with flour; add pork to hot skillet.  Brown on all sides (about 8 min total)  Transfer pork to 5 or 6 quart slow cooker.  Add onion, garlic peaches, broth, chili powder, salt and pepper.  Cover and cook on Low 7 to 8 hours or until pork is tender.  **Because I am doing the paleo challenge this month I opted out of the almond flour and just put the pork in the crockpot without almond flour or searing.

Blueberry-Apple Spinach Salad

Ingredients:  1/2 cup sliced almonds, 1 (10 oz) bag baby spinach, 1 cup blueberries, 1 apple finely chopped, 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar, 2 tsp Dijon mustard, 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Directions:  Preheat oven to 325.  Place almonds on a small baking sheet; toast 5 minutes or until fragrant and lightly browned.  Combine spinach, blueberries, apple and almonds in a serving bowl.  Whisk together vinegar, and mustard; slowly whisk in olive oil.  Pour dressing over spinach mixture and toss to coat.

Definitely looking forward to my leftovers tomorrow!  

I did the light workout tonight at the box.  It was so crowded!  Just thinking of the Crossfit potential in our community is inspiring!  Food is a Drug # Paleo!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Simple Steps to Understanding Paleo for Beginners

Just 6 months ago Mr. and I were beginning our Paleo Journey.  We started at our local Crossfit Gym Crossfit Seymour .  Friends of ours own the gym and they were having a 30 day Paleo/Crossfit Challenge.  Lucky for us Coach Sam had a 30 day meal plan prepared that he shared with us.  We didn't have the stress of deciding what we were having for dinner.  He had recipes that he and his wife had gathered that he shared with us.  We did the bulk of our cooking on Sunday, which he called our Sunday WOD (workout of the day).  It was at the end of our 30 day challenge when Mr. and I decided we wanted to adopt the Paleo Lifestyle that I found myself stressed and anxious about what to do next.   The answer for us was Emeals . I've written a post about emeals you can find here:  Paleo Emeals .  This was a great starting point for us that took a lot of the planning and stress off my shoulders.  It still allowed me to learn more.   1.  Paleo Food List It's important to k

10 Things Couples Starting their Paleo Journey Should Know!

Mr. and I started our Paleo Journey pretty much together.  I can't say that it was a smooth beginning.  We definitely have learned a lot through the process and continue to do so.  Here's a quick list of 10 things you should know when starting the Paleo Journey as a Couple!   1. Support from your partner! Support from your partner is key to your journey.  It's been one of the best things we've done as far as our relationship is concerned.  We've literally lost a person (130 lbs) in 6 months.  It's not all been pretty but we are a stronger TEAM because we've been on the journey together! 2.  There's No 'I' in Team! Teamwork makes the dream work!  I couldn't have done this without Mr. rolling up his sleeves and pitching in.  We both like to be in the kitchen but neither of us is fond of the clean up afterwards.  We do teamwork with cooking when we are both home.  This way it doesn't fall on one persons shoulder!  We

Fueling Your Body

The owner of our local gym, Crossfit Seymour, is who uses the term, "Food is a Drug."  I started using it on here because I realized how true it was in my own body.  As I adjusted to the Paleo lifestyle and Crossfit too I could feel the difference in my energy level, inflammation, and overall wellness almost immediately! Last week was my kiddos spring break.  We usually head south to a warmer climate but decided to have the ever trendy 'staycation.'  We did one fun thing each day to keep the week exciting.  While all that fun was being had I had several moments of weakness. My downhill spiral started on Tuesday at the movie theater.  We rarely go to the movies.  I was overwhelmed by the glorious smell of popcorn when we entered the theater.  I had no will power.  The boys got a popcorn to split and each of them had a soda.  The first handful I had I knew I could handle it...but unfortunately I didn't have just one handful.  I was frustrated with myself but wen