Skip to main content

In search of good pants!

In my mind when I decided to jog to my parents for dinner it would be a nice easy pace while looking around at the beautiful quiet scenery this beautiful 24 degree day provided.  I started by asking both boys if they wanted to jog with me.  It's 1.5 miles from my house to theirs.  Both were eager to join me and I told them to put on appropriate attire and headed upstairs to change my own.  Yesterday I purchased a pair of running pants so I could jog outside.  All my current workout pants are too big that they fall down.  New running pants on (a size smaller than I previously wore) I headed down stairs to lace up my shoes.  By the time I got down stairs I had already lost one boy to the challenge!  When G-money and I headed outside I explained to him that I was going to go a slow pace but my goal was to jog the entire time.  As soon as I took a couple of strides I thought how weird that these pants I just bought were falling down but I pulled them up as it must just be a fluke.  I could tell about a block away that the problem wasn't going away but decided to forge on pulling them up about every 8 strides.  I noticed my underwear were falling down too, I tried to reach in to grab a hold of them but I had mittens on and couldn't get the grip I needed.  All the while I kept jogging and when I was about .5 mile away I started taking turns holding my pants up from each side.  Mind you this is all happening in a residential neighborhood!  If you haven't read my Paleo Journey, it explains my angst about running in public anyway.

When I got out on the main road, I nonchalantly felt that my underwear had bunched up down in the middle just passed my sweatshirt line.  I was afraid people driving past would see so I did a quick dip inside to retrieve and pull back up and now I found myself holding up not only my new running pants but also my underwear.  Lovely.  G-Money was oblivious to all that was going on as he was running ahead of me happily tromping in the snow.  Which reminds me, it was about at this point that I noticed how cold my feet were.  I felt like I could feel my bone hitting the pavement.  It didn't hurt necessarily but was uncomfortable.  When we had about .5 mile left I noticed that one of my shoes had come untied and so I bent over to tie it quickly...wouldn't you know it was about this time that Mr. comes around the corner in the van.  Ugh...he asked if I was o.k. or if I needed a ride and I waved him off with a quick explanation.  In the end I made it..I jogged the 1.5 miles this evening.  G-money at one point showed me that he could fast walk the pace we were going :D  And then it happened....someone sent me a kuddos message on facebook congratulating me for getting out for a run today.  Busted...I just hope they didn't see when I had to reach down and grab onto my drawers (insert bug eyes)!

So all you runners here's my questions:
How do you keep up your pants when you run?  Any specific brand of running pants?  I just bought mine at a sporting good store and they are underarmer brand, sort of like stretchy pants.  How do you keep your toes warm?  I felt like I could have run farther physical wise but my cold toes wouldn't have made it much farther.  Any other running tips you could send my way, I would gladly take!

Even though my run left me embarrassed yet again, it's eating days like this that I am most satisfied eating Paleo.  I ate a lot today but I don't feel guilty one bit!  The only thing not pictured on here that I consumed was an apple that got me through my early Sunday morning work hours.  When I got home Mr. had prepared this fabulous breakfast!  This totally breaks my rule of 3 and takes it straight to 4. Since I am the one who sliced the avocado, all the blame lies with me.


Pan Fried Pork Chop, Eggs with Spinach, Shredded Fried sweet Potatoes and 1/2 Avocado

We had a later than normal lunch because we had a later breakfast.  Lunch took too long to prepare for my taste.  It was an emeals recipe this week.  What was even worse is I didn't care for the salad at all.  I've never roasted grapes before and I don't think I ever will again.  The Pomegranate Glaze kept the pork moist but I wasn't overly thrilled with the flavor.  This was a meal that neither boy was excited about.  They both liked their pork loin well enough but I don't think either of them got many veggies down.  I didn't push the issue today since I didn't care for it either.

Emeals Pomegranate glazed Pork Loin with Roasted Grapes, walnut, and Pear salad.
We usually have dinner at my mom and dad's on Sunday evenings.  She has been so supportive of our journey and has been making paleo friendly meals from the first weekend.  She experiments more than I do and loves to look up new recipes and find treats to make us.  Tonight's dinner was so yummy!  Right before Christmas she found a Paleo friendly recipe for Naan that we now call Paan because it's more Paleo that way. :)  She made it again tonight with shredded mexican beef.  It always hits the spot!  Mr. even used it to wrap around some cooked apples she had prepared to make sort of an 'apple pie."  

Paleo Beef chili, veggies with guacamole, Paan and Mexican Beef

This was a filling food day.  I hope all the protein I've had today helps me get through my gym day tomorrow!  It's been about 3 weeks.  I'm sure I'll be sore this time tomorrow.


Comments

  1. Chris,
    I think I got my running pants at Target and my shirt too. I also have a jacket I wear. All my things have the moisture wick material. So when you start sweating you are more comfortable. Even my socks are the same way. I also wear a hat and gloves that are moisture wick. I hope that helps. Sounds like you already need a new pair of running pants! Wish I would've seen that!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Simple Steps to Understanding Paleo for Beginners

Just 6 months ago Mr. and I were beginning our Paleo Journey.  We started at our local Crossfit Gym Crossfit Seymour .  Friends of ours own the gym and they were having a 30 day Paleo/Crossfit Challenge.  Lucky for us Coach Sam had a 30 day meal plan prepared that he shared with us.  We didn't have the stress of deciding what we were having for dinner.  He had recipes that he and his wife had gathered that he shared with us.  We did the bulk of our cooking on Sunday, which he called our Sunday WOD (workout of the day).  It was at the end of our 30 day challenge when Mr. and I decided we wanted to adopt the Paleo Lifestyle that I found myself stressed and anxious about what to do next.   The answer for us was Emeals . I've written a post about emeals you can find here:  Paleo Emeals .  This was a great starting point for us that took a lot of the planning and stress off my shoulders.  It still allowed me to learn more.   1.  Paleo Food List It's important to k

10 Things Couples Starting their Paleo Journey Should Know!

Mr. and I started our Paleo Journey pretty much together.  I can't say that it was a smooth beginning.  We definitely have learned a lot through the process and continue to do so.  Here's a quick list of 10 things you should know when starting the Paleo Journey as a Couple!   1. Support from your partner! Support from your partner is key to your journey.  It's been one of the best things we've done as far as our relationship is concerned.  We've literally lost a person (130 lbs) in 6 months.  It's not all been pretty but we are a stronger TEAM because we've been on the journey together! 2.  There's No 'I' in Team! Teamwork makes the dream work!  I couldn't have done this without Mr. rolling up his sleeves and pitching in.  We both like to be in the kitchen but neither of us is fond of the clean up afterwards.  We do teamwork with cooking when we are both home.  This way it doesn't fall on one persons shoulder!  We

Fueling Your Body

The owner of our local gym, Crossfit Seymour, is who uses the term, "Food is a Drug."  I started using it on here because I realized how true it was in my own body.  As I adjusted to the Paleo lifestyle and Crossfit too I could feel the difference in my energy level, inflammation, and overall wellness almost immediately! Last week was my kiddos spring break.  We usually head south to a warmer climate but decided to have the ever trendy 'staycation.'  We did one fun thing each day to keep the week exciting.  While all that fun was being had I had several moments of weakness. My downhill spiral started on Tuesday at the movie theater.  We rarely go to the movies.  I was overwhelmed by the glorious smell of popcorn when we entered the theater.  I had no will power.  The boys got a popcorn to split and each of them had a soda.  The first handful I had I knew I could handle it...but unfortunately I didn't have just one handful.  I was frustrated with myself but wen