Skip to main content

45 Days to be Paleo/Crossfit for 1 year! Picking myself up and dusting myself off!

Here's a quick list on how not to succeed at following the Paleo diet:
1.  Go away for the weekend and allow no time for grocery shopping as you start out your most hectic week of summer.
2.  Have no meal plan ready to go for the week.
3.  Stay up extra long at night worrying that everything will go o.k. the next day.
4.  Throw a couple ball games in the mix to make sure your schedule is packed to the brim!
5.  Start the week with a messy house/kitchen/undone laundry so your type A personality can not possibly get through the week without stressing out.
6.  Don't exercise.
7.  Give up.

Here's a quick list on how I am going to succeed tomorrow:
1.  Go to bed at a reasonable hour tonight.  Even if I can't sleep I can be in bed "resting."
2.  Set my alarm, lay out my clothes, and start the day off with a morning jog.
3.  Eggs, bacon, fruit, coffee in the morning when I get back.
4.  Pack a morning and afternoon Paleo snack.
5.  Carry my Nalgene filled up with H2O and drink it all day!
6.  On my way home from work tomorrow grab a Paleo Dinner to make at home.
       ~ I am thinking grilled veggies and fish
7.  I have to work tomorrow night too, so make sure I take some time to chill out and enjoy an activity with the boys and Mr.

So I had a very gluten, sugar filled, off the wagon kind of day.  But it is just 1 day on this journey and it won't define me or make me feel less successful than I am.  There is still work to do and I am the one to do it!  Tonight I didn't want to blog because I didn't want to admit to my readers on their own journey that I had a hard fall off the wagon today.  But if I didn't admit that to you then I wouldn't be sharing my real journey which is often times a struggle. In my journey right now it's so important that I come clean so that I pick myself up, dust myself off, and get right back on that paleo wagon.  It's written down and published in black and white and I have owned it.  I also am owning what I am doing tomorrow to overcome this.  Many of you have sent messages and told me how strong my will power is and how much you admire that.  I am learning it's easy to have will power when I have planned and organized myself for success but the minute I let go and don't have a plan the will power fades.  This is why Emeals has been such a huge part of our Paleo success.  If I had gotten to the store this week/weekend our evening meals would have been planned out and ready to go!

Let's talk about something else shall we?  We had a great weekend and I had promised to share pictures.  I spent Saturday and Sunday with this view.  I love when we can get away to the lake for the weekend!  The lake is a private lake.  It's about 1 mile long and 1/2 mile wide.

 Mike and I made his Dad's Father's Day meal on Saturday evening.  Isn't this a great view?!?  I took over kitchen and was able to make everything I had planned.

 We had Ribeyes, Roasted Vegetables (zuchinni, squash, red onion, red pepper) Sweet Potatoes, and Italian Styled Cabbage.  It was so yummy!

 It was a little chilly that evening but made for some nice fishing weather for the guys!  Here's G money with his catch of the evening.

 The guys fishing out on the point after supper!

 Sunday gave way to a yummy breakfast more fishing and fun on the Slip and Slide.  I loved this as a kid but OUCH!

 For lunch the next day,  I had put the chicken thighs in a spicy marinade and had made the dressing for the mango-Cucumber tri colored slaw before we left to head to the lake.  This made getting lunch on the table super simple and allowed us to maximize our outside time.  This is just another example of Emeals awesomeness.  We couldn't leave until we shared the recipe!

Here's the recipe!  We heart emeals!


 On our way over to the Lake we stopped by a local grocery store and had a sample of this yummy Fonzy melon.  It looks like a pumpkin on the outside but tastes like a cross between a honeydew and cantaloupe.  We stopped at the same store on the way home so we could pick up another one to share with my dad and family for dinner Sunday night.

 My mom had made this yummy Bacon wrapped pork loin, maple nut butternut squash, grilled pineapple, and broccoli.  For dessert she made a Paleo spicy chocolate bread that was delicious.

I just want to take a quick minute to thank you for your support of my journey.  All the kind words, encouragement, and compliments along this journey have helped propel me forward when I've wanted to give up.  Feeling good is my #1 Priority in choosing to eat Paleo.  It helps solidify that Food is a Drug #Paleo!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Simple Steps to Understanding Paleo for Beginners

Just 6 months ago Mr. and I were beginning our Paleo Journey.  We started at our local Crossfit Gym Crossfit Seymour .  Friends of ours own the gym and they were having a 30 day Paleo/Crossfit Challenge.  Lucky for us Coach Sam had a 30 day meal plan prepared that he shared with us.  We didn't have the stress of deciding what we were having for dinner.  He had recipes that he and his wife had gathered that he shared with us.  We did the bulk of our cooking on Sunday, which he called our Sunday WOD (workout of the day).  It was at the end of our 30 day challenge when Mr. and I decided we wanted to adopt the Paleo Lifestyle that I found myself stressed and anxious about what to do next.   The answer for us was Emeals . I've written a post about emeals you can find here:  Paleo Emeals .  This was a great starting point for us that took a lot of the planning and stress off my shoulders.  It still allowed me to learn more.   1.  Paleo Food List It's important to k

Fueling Your Body

The owner of our local gym, Crossfit Seymour, is who uses the term, "Food is a Drug."  I started using it on here because I realized how true it was in my own body.  As I adjusted to the Paleo lifestyle and Crossfit too I could feel the difference in my energy level, inflammation, and overall wellness almost immediately! Last week was my kiddos spring break.  We usually head south to a warmer climate but decided to have the ever trendy 'staycation.'  We did one fun thing each day to keep the week exciting.  While all that fun was being had I had several moments of weakness. My downhill spiral started on Tuesday at the movie theater.  We rarely go to the movies.  I was overwhelmed by the glorious smell of popcorn when we entered the theater.  I had no will power.  The boys got a popcorn to split and each of them had a soda.  The first handful I had I knew I could handle it...but unfortunately I didn't have just one handful.  I was frustrated with myself but wen

10 Things Couples Starting their Paleo Journey Should Know!

Mr. and I started our Paleo Journey pretty much together.  I can't say that it was a smooth beginning.  We definitely have learned a lot through the process and continue to do so.  Here's a quick list of 10 things you should know when starting the Paleo Journey as a Couple!   1. Support from your partner! Support from your partner is key to your journey.  It's been one of the best things we've done as far as our relationship is concerned.  We've literally lost a person (130 lbs) in 6 months.  It's not all been pretty but we are a stronger TEAM because we've been on the journey together! 2.  There's No 'I' in Team! Teamwork makes the dream work!  I couldn't have done this without Mr. rolling up his sleeves and pitching in.  We both like to be in the kitchen but neither of us is fond of the clean up afterwards.  We do teamwork with cooking when we are both home.  This way it doesn't fall on one persons shoulder!  We