Skip to main content

Our Paleo Emeals Journey...37 Days to go until we've been Paleo/Crossfit for 1 year!

We got to share our story today with Lauren Lowery from WISH TV out of Indianapolis.  She was super friendly and we all seemed to click right away.  Mr. and I both felt we were having a conversation with an old friend about the journey we have been on.  Our segment will air next week and I'm excited to see how it all comes together.  We made Emeals Southwest Guacamole Burgers with grilled red pepper and squash.  It is so delicious!  I will be sharing the recipe next week when the segment airs!



Mr. and I have had the opportunity to share our story with the help from Emeals PR firm.  They've really been great about setting everything up.  You would think it would be some difficult and complicated scripted event but it hasn't been at all.  They've really only asked us to share our story and how Emeals has benefited our Paleo lifestyle.  They haven't even provided a Facts Sheet or anything for us to look over.  I think this is great because when we share our story, it truly is our story and our testimony to our journey.

I know I often credit Emeals with our Paleo Journey but it must be said that is only part of how we have been successful.  First of all, none of this would have even taken place if our friends and gym owners Sam and Amy Steffey wouldn't have asked us to try out Crossfit Seymour for a month.  Sam introduced paleo to us as a lifestyle change and even crafted and shared a 30 day meal plan with us to get started.  Our Crossfit family has been so supportive of our journey.  They've been there for us encouraging and supporting us the entire way.  I've been working out primarily in the early mornings and Coach Andy has always been great about gently pushing me to get better (except the time he secretly added weight to my bar in the middle of a WOD).  The morning crew is a group of people that are dedicated to fitting in exercise where they can.  5:30 a.m. is a tough time to do a Crossfit workout but we continually push and support each other to do our best and finish strong!  I've missed them so much during my June sabbatical and can't wait to see everyone July 1!!!  Mr. has been a 6:15 p.m. workout guy and he has great connections and support from his crew as well.  Crossfit is a place where you feel like a team.  It reminds me of my high school sport days.  We work out together but we socialize too and we always have one another's backs!

Group picture after this past Sunday's WOD
Our families have been on board since Day 1.  My mom has read and learned about Paleo along side us.  She has been scouring and hunting online for some of the best Paleo recipes to prepare for our Sunday evening meals.  Everyone else at dinner eats what we eat (sometimes there is something non Paleo) and have enjoyed trying new things too!  Friends have been there right along side us too by making sure there are Paleo options at social gatherings, offering encouraging words and compliments, and being supportive in every way possible.
Last Sunday's Dinner @ Mom's
Last Sunday's Dessert @ Mom's

We are so thankful for the support along our journey.  I'm excited to celebrate 1 year with everyone on August 1st but just as a reminder that we are on a journey and not a destination.  Food is a Drug #Paleo!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Simple Steps to Understanding Paleo for Beginners

Just 6 months ago Mr. and I were beginning our Paleo Journey.  We started at our local Crossfit Gym Crossfit Seymour .  Friends of ours own the gym and they were having a 30 day Paleo/Crossfit Challenge.  Lucky for us Coach Sam had a 30 day meal plan prepared that he shared with us.  We didn't have the stress of deciding what we were having for dinner.  He had recipes that he and his wife had gathered that he shared with us.  We did the bulk of our cooking on Sunday, which he called our Sunday WOD (workout of the day).  It was at the end of our 30 day challenge when Mr. and I decided we wanted to adopt the Paleo Lifestyle that I found myself stressed and anxious about what to do next.   The answer for us was Emeals . I've written a post about emeals you can find here:  Paleo Emeals .  This was a great starting point for us that took a lot of the planning and stress off my shoulders.  It still allowed me to learn more.   1.  Paleo Food List It's important to k

10 Things Couples Starting their Paleo Journey Should Know!

Mr. and I started our Paleo Journey pretty much together.  I can't say that it was a smooth beginning.  We definitely have learned a lot through the process and continue to do so.  Here's a quick list of 10 things you should know when starting the Paleo Journey as a Couple!   1. Support from your partner! Support from your partner is key to your journey.  It's been one of the best things we've done as far as our relationship is concerned.  We've literally lost a person (130 lbs) in 6 months.  It's not all been pretty but we are a stronger TEAM because we've been on the journey together! 2.  There's No 'I' in Team! Teamwork makes the dream work!  I couldn't have done this without Mr. rolling up his sleeves and pitching in.  We both like to be in the kitchen but neither of us is fond of the clean up afterwards.  We do teamwork with cooking when we are both home.  This way it doesn't fall on one persons shoulder!  We

Fueling Your Body

The owner of our local gym, Crossfit Seymour, is who uses the term, "Food is a Drug."  I started using it on here because I realized how true it was in my own body.  As I adjusted to the Paleo lifestyle and Crossfit too I could feel the difference in my energy level, inflammation, and overall wellness almost immediately! Last week was my kiddos spring break.  We usually head south to a warmer climate but decided to have the ever trendy 'staycation.'  We did one fun thing each day to keep the week exciting.  While all that fun was being had I had several moments of weakness. My downhill spiral started on Tuesday at the movie theater.  We rarely go to the movies.  I was overwhelmed by the glorious smell of popcorn when we entered the theater.  I had no will power.  The boys got a popcorn to split and each of them had a soda.  The first handful I had I knew I could handle it...but unfortunately I didn't have just one handful.  I was frustrated with myself but wen