Skip to main content

50 Days to go...another thought on overcoming a craving...


Today's run felt great!  My last run felt horrible.  Often times once I get to 1.5 mile head trash starts to take over.  Today was not the case.  Around lunch time I was able to squeeze in a 2.5 mile jog.  It was one of those jogs that I felt like I could have kept running but because of time constraints stopped at 2.5. While I was jogging it hit me, what a great way to squash a craving by exercising.  Cravings can sometimes be overbearing and mind numbing.  So instead of grabbing for that instant gratification, try moving.  Take a walk or jog, stretch, shoot baskets with you kids, throw a frisbee, take a bike ride; just find what it is that takes your mind off of food and enjoy the moment.

I can only share breakfast and dinner pictures today.  I didn't have time for a snack and lunch was 1/2 cup of leftover sloppy joes before my run.  Needless to say, by the time I had dinner I was soooo hungry!

Breakfast
Scrambled Eggs w, red onion, red pepper and spinach, 1/2 avocado, bacon

Dinner
Pineapple Beef, with Sauteed Asparagus with bacon and onions!


It's going to be an interesting weekend food wise.  We are headed out of town and making sure we (I) stay on track is a huge priority even if I have to elbow my way into someone elses kitchen!  

It's a priority because everyday I am reminded: Food is a Drug #Paleo!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reset in Progress

So for the next two weeks as I reset my habits and start the cleanse, it may be important for those closest to me to tread very lightly.  I was pretty ill for most of the month of December especially that last week or so.  My body is very ready to cleanse and detox and begin the healing process. The Smith household is having a Paleo Reset starting today.  I sort of wish it was as easy as pushing a reset button but unfortunately it is not.  We started Saturday by cleaning out the refrigerator and the pantry.  We did meal plan and shopping Sunday morning.  We stumbled upon a great price on a whole chicken that was antibiotic and additive free.  So I cooked it in the Instant Pot Sunday to have protein for the week.  After it cooled, I shredded it and put the bones back in with Fish Oil, Carrots, Garlic, and Onion and cooked it for 2 hours to make fresh bone broth.  This made 3 mason jars full of broth. I also made an egg quiche ty...

Paleo Intermittent Fasting--Emeals Paleo Bacon Turkey Meatloaf Recipe included!

At a recent appointment with my favorite Integrative Medicine Physician, Mr. and I were able to lay it out all on the line and learned how to refocus on our health journey.  Dr. W knows of how successful we've been with changing to a Paleo Lifestyle.  He saw us through it every step of the way last time.  So he asked us (individually) what we knew about Intermittent Fasting.  Admittedly, Mr. and I knew very little and probably still don't know much but Dr. W assures us he's super impressed with what he's seen come from research and thought we'd be perfect candidates. So on August 1st (Actually the 31st of July because it was a Monday), Mr. and I started down this path.  Much like the first time I tried paleo I was a little apprehensive.  I've spent the last several years coaching others to eat 3 meals and 2-3 snacks per day.  I've focused on food so much that I wasn't sure how I was going to slow that train down.  I found that 1. It's a lot easi...

Meal Plan++Paleo Mulligatawny

Thank you to everyone that responded to my survey.  I really appreciate the feedback and look forward to sharing with you this year.  Meal planning has been our best asset to following a paleo lifestyle.  We use emeals and follow the Paleo Meal Plan.  Every week I get an email with lunch and dinner options and I make our meal plan based on the activities we have on our calendar. Wednesday's I work 13-14 hours and so you can bet that I almost always use my crock pot on those nights.  Otherwise, I try to match up the easier meals for our heavier loads on our calendar.   Here's our meal plan for this week. I write out our menu plan on this magnet that's on our fridge.  It makes it easier for me to remember to pull meat and thaw from the freezer in advance. That Jambalaya is in my Instant Pot (on slow cooker mode) as we speak. I've done a horrible job of food pictures that last couple of weeks but wanted to share this recipe with you.  I made ...