Skip to main content

56 Days to go! AND seeing a difference on the scales!

The scale is moving!  It feels good on one hand but on the other hand I am worried that I am losing my muscle mass because I am not doing Crossfit.  Mentally it's great knowing that the changes I am doing are making a difference.

We've had another great day here!  The weather is beautiful and I love being able to have my windows up and allow the fresh air to flow through the house.  After morning errands and shopping, the boys and I spent our afternoon doing this....
We love our neighborhood pool!

BREAKFAST

LUNCH
I took full advantage today that I was at the butchers and at home for lunch.  I grilled a season pork chop and had zuchini, peppers, and red onion with it!  Mighty tasty!

SNACK
Cucumbers, celery and almond butter, blueberries!

DINNER
Hamburgers Wraps (w/paleo mayo, grilled onion, tomato, and avocado) Sweet potato wedges and grilled asparagus.  Super yummy dinner that we threw together after the boys ball game.

I didn't get to run today.  This morning I was a bit stiff from yesterdays run and this evening was jam packed...but I do plan on running in the morning before breakfast.  

Feeling good though because Food is a Drug #Paleo!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paleo Intermittent Fasting--Emeals Paleo Bacon Turkey Meatloaf Recipe included!

At a recent appointment with my favorite Integrative Medicine Physician, Mr. and I were able to lay it out all on the line and learned how to refocus on our health journey.  Dr. W knows of how successful we've been with changing to a Paleo Lifestyle.  He saw us through it every step of the way last time.  So he asked us (individually) what we knew about Intermittent Fasting.  Admittedly, Mr. and I knew very little and probably still don't know much but Dr. W assures us he's super impressed with what he's seen come from research and thought we'd be perfect candidates. So on August 1st (Actually the 31st of July because it was a Monday), Mr. and I started down this path.  Much like the first time I tried paleo I was a little apprehensive.  I've spent the last several years coaching others to eat 3 meals and 2-3 snacks per day.  I've focused on food so much that I wasn't sure how I was going to slow that train down.  I found that 1. It's a lot easi...

Reset in Progress

So for the next two weeks as I reset my habits and start the cleanse, it may be important for those closest to me to tread very lightly.  I was pretty ill for most of the month of December especially that last week or so.  My body is very ready to cleanse and detox and begin the healing process. The Smith household is having a Paleo Reset starting today.  I sort of wish it was as easy as pushing a reset button but unfortunately it is not.  We started Saturday by cleaning out the refrigerator and the pantry.  We did meal plan and shopping Sunday morning.  We stumbled upon a great price on a whole chicken that was antibiotic and additive free.  So I cooked it in the Instant Pot Sunday to have protein for the week.  After it cooled, I shredded it and put the bones back in with Fish Oil, Carrots, Garlic, and Onion and cooked it for 2 hours to make fresh bone broth.  This made 3 mason jars full of broth. I also made an egg quiche ty...

Meal Plan++Paleo Mulligatawny

Thank you to everyone that responded to my survey.  I really appreciate the feedback and look forward to sharing with you this year.  Meal planning has been our best asset to following a paleo lifestyle.  We use emeals and follow the Paleo Meal Plan.  Every week I get an email with lunch and dinner options and I make our meal plan based on the activities we have on our calendar. Wednesday's I work 13-14 hours and so you can bet that I almost always use my crock pot on those nights.  Otherwise, I try to match up the easier meals for our heavier loads on our calendar.   Here's our meal plan for this week. I write out our menu plan on this magnet that's on our fridge.  It makes it easier for me to remember to pull meat and thaw from the freezer in advance. That Jambalaya is in my Instant Pot (on slow cooker mode) as we speak. I've done a horrible job of food pictures that last couple of weeks but wanted to share this recipe with you.  I made ...