Skip to main content

35 Days to go until we've been Paleo/Crossfit for 1 year! PLUS it finally feels like summer!

My boys and I had a fantastic day!  I got to sleep in and they got to do several fun things throughout the day!  It was a win-win!  I started my day off differently than most...I didn't have eggs.  I know shocking right?  I had a couple of bananas that needed to be used today and so I looked up a couple recipes for Paleo banana Pancakes and constructed my own.  A little of this and a little of that and I was consuming this yumminess!


I don't have a recipe to share because it was honestly a little of this an a little of that but the end result was fantastic.  I used 2 ripe bananas, 2 eggs, cinnamon, vanilla, honey, dark chocolate, coconut flour and almond flour.  I let it sit for about 4-5 min. while the coconut oil fully melted on the skillet.  Then I just poured about 1/4 cup of batter per pancake.

After breakfast the boys and I headed to our wonderful Library for a Bubblefest.  They had fun experimenting with bubbles!


I had packed our lunch before we headed out for the day and we had a fun picnic at the park.  I heated up my leftovers before we left and put them in a thermos.  We ate and then the boys played.  Eventually we ended up having timed competitions on the monkey bars followed by timed competition of running the bases.  I even got my jog on running the bases at the softball field.  We ended our park time by laying our blanket out on the grass and reading a chapter and a half of the book we are working on.  It finally felt like summer!


When we got home I put together a chicken marinade for dinner and got dinner prepped before heading to the neighborhood pool for a quick dip.  Then it was time to head to my dental appointment.  I was so nervous before the appointment but overall it wasn't so bad.  I survived and didn't even truly need the bone broth I had made last night.  But I had some for dinner anyway because I couldn't wait to try it.  I promise it tastes so much better than it looks!

Dinner was fantastic and really hit the spot.  There is not many things better than grilled chicken during the summer.  Actually anything grilled really hits the spot for me!  This Orange Chicken was served with sauteed kale which we are all really beginning to like!

And finally...I mentioned yesterday that I thought it would be a good idea to start saving bones in order to make more bone broth.  And what better time to start than tonight.  I put these bones in the freezer and plan to add to the bag until I have enough to make another batch of bone broth.  So yummy!  

Food is a Drug #Paleo!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paleo Intermittent Fasting--Emeals Paleo Bacon Turkey Meatloaf Recipe included!

At a recent appointment with my favorite Integrative Medicine Physician, Mr. and I were able to lay it out all on the line and learned how to refocus on our health journey.  Dr. W knows of how successful we've been with changing to a Paleo Lifestyle.  He saw us through it every step of the way last time.  So he asked us (individually) what we knew about Intermittent Fasting.  Admittedly, Mr. and I knew very little and probably still don't know much but Dr. W assures us he's super impressed with what he's seen come from research and thought we'd be perfect candidates. So on August 1st (Actually the 31st of July because it was a Monday), Mr. and I started down this path.  Much like the first time I tried paleo I was a little apprehensive.  I've spent the last several years coaching others to eat 3 meals and 2-3 snacks per day.  I've focused on food so much that I wasn't sure how I was going to slow that train down.  I found that 1. It's a lot easi...

Reset in Progress

So for the next two weeks as I reset my habits and start the cleanse, it may be important for those closest to me to tread very lightly.  I was pretty ill for most of the month of December especially that last week or so.  My body is very ready to cleanse and detox and begin the healing process. The Smith household is having a Paleo Reset starting today.  I sort of wish it was as easy as pushing a reset button but unfortunately it is not.  We started Saturday by cleaning out the refrigerator and the pantry.  We did meal plan and shopping Sunday morning.  We stumbled upon a great price on a whole chicken that was antibiotic and additive free.  So I cooked it in the Instant Pot Sunday to have protein for the week.  After it cooled, I shredded it and put the bones back in with Fish Oil, Carrots, Garlic, and Onion and cooked it for 2 hours to make fresh bone broth.  This made 3 mason jars full of broth. I also made an egg quiche ty...

Meal Plan++Paleo Mulligatawny

Thank you to everyone that responded to my survey.  I really appreciate the feedback and look forward to sharing with you this year.  Meal planning has been our best asset to following a paleo lifestyle.  We use emeals and follow the Paleo Meal Plan.  Every week I get an email with lunch and dinner options and I make our meal plan based on the activities we have on our calendar. Wednesday's I work 13-14 hours and so you can bet that I almost always use my crock pot on those nights.  Otherwise, I try to match up the easier meals for our heavier loads on our calendar.   Here's our meal plan for this week. I write out our menu plan on this magnet that's on our fridge.  It makes it easier for me to remember to pull meat and thaw from the freezer in advance. That Jambalaya is in my Instant Pot (on slow cooker mode) as we speak. I've done a horrible job of food pictures that last couple of weeks but wanted to share this recipe with you.  I made ...