Skip to main content

60 Days to go...1 day at a time!

It's the second day of my 61 day self challenge.  Yesterday was great!  I watched my portions, got my jog in, and abstained from some of my go to snacks lately.  Today has been great as well!

Here's what I've eaten today and a recipe share!

Breakfast
2 egg scramble (mushroom, red onion, and red pepper) 1/2 an avocado
2 slices of bacon and a few blueberries (2 cups of coffee not pictured)

Lunch

Leftovers!  Roasted chicken with grilled squash and red pepper!

Afternoon Snack

1/2 an avocado, 1.5 tsp of almond butter, celery

Emeals Dinner


Hawaiian Sirloin Kabobs with Tangy Cucumber and Tomato Salad
Dinner tonight was hard for me to portion control.  I didn't struggle so much when I was eating dinner.  The struggle started during clean up.  I was putting leftovers in containers and caught myself having another bite of of peppers, onions, pineapple and steak.  This was so yummy AND will be on our menu planning again!  

I recently learned from emeals that I am allowed to share some of their recipes with you!  I've had many people ask for recipes and I've declined as I didn't think I was able to share but apparently I am!  If you are Paleo I highly recommend both of these recipes.  Mr. says that they both nicely contrast each other.  I love summer pickles although they pack in a bunch of sugar.  I was excited that this summer salad gave us the same satisfaction without the sugar!

Hawaiian Sirloin Kabobs
     2 lb boneless top-sirloin, cut into 1 inch cubes
     3 Tbsp coconut amino soy-free sauce
     1/2 tsp garlic powder
     2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
     2 yellow bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
     2 red onions, cut into small wedges
     2 cups cubed fresh pineapple
     1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper

Combine steak, coconut aminos and garlic powder in a zip top plastic freezer bag.  Seal and refrigerate 30 minutes, turning once.  Preheat grill to medium high heat.  Remove beef from marinade; discard marinade.  Combine 1 tablespoon oil, bell peppers and onions in a bowl tossing well.  Alternately thread beef, bell peppers, onions, and pineapple onto metal skewers.  Sprinkle skewers with salt and pepper.  Place skewers on a grill rack rubbed with remaining 1 Tbsp oil.  Grill 6 minutes per side or to desired degree of doneness.

Tangy Cucumber and Tomato Salad
     1 1/2 lb cucumbers, peeled
     2 tsp salt
     1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
     2 Tbsp chopped green onions
     1 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
     1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
     2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped

Cut cucumbers in half lengthwise, and thinly slice.  Place cucumbers in a colander; sprinkle with salt.  Toss well; drain 1 hour.  Place cucumbers on several layers of paper towels; cover with additional paper towels.  Let stand for 5 minutes, pressing occasionally.  Rinse and pat dry.  Stir together vinegar, green onions, cilantro, and crushed red pepper in a small bowl.  Combine cucumbers and tomatoes in a serving bowl; add vinegar mixture tossing to coat.

If you have been following this blog than you know that we have used emeals Paleo plan along with Crossfit to loose a combined 160 lbs!  Enjoy this recipe!  We'll chat tomorrow!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reset in Progress

So for the next two weeks as I reset my habits and start the cleanse, it may be important for those closest to me to tread very lightly.  I was pretty ill for most of the month of December especially that last week or so.  My body is very ready to cleanse and detox and begin the healing process. The Smith household is having a Paleo Reset starting today.  I sort of wish it was as easy as pushing a reset button but unfortunately it is not.  We started Saturday by cleaning out the refrigerator and the pantry.  We did meal plan and shopping Sunday morning.  We stumbled upon a great price on a whole chicken that was antibiotic and additive free.  So I cooked it in the Instant Pot Sunday to have protein for the week.  After it cooled, I shredded it and put the bones back in with Fish Oil, Carrots, Garlic, and Onion and cooked it for 2 hours to make fresh bone broth.  This made 3 mason jars full of broth. I also made an egg quiche ty...

Paleo Intermittent Fasting--Emeals Paleo Bacon Turkey Meatloaf Recipe included!

At a recent appointment with my favorite Integrative Medicine Physician, Mr. and I were able to lay it out all on the line and learned how to refocus on our health journey.  Dr. W knows of how successful we've been with changing to a Paleo Lifestyle.  He saw us through it every step of the way last time.  So he asked us (individually) what we knew about Intermittent Fasting.  Admittedly, Mr. and I knew very little and probably still don't know much but Dr. W assures us he's super impressed with what he's seen come from research and thought we'd be perfect candidates. So on August 1st (Actually the 31st of July because it was a Monday), Mr. and I started down this path.  Much like the first time I tried paleo I was a little apprehensive.  I've spent the last several years coaching others to eat 3 meals and 2-3 snacks per day.  I've focused on food so much that I wasn't sure how I was going to slow that train down.  I found that 1. It's a lot easi...

Meal Plan++Paleo Mulligatawny

Thank you to everyone that responded to my survey.  I really appreciate the feedback and look forward to sharing with you this year.  Meal planning has been our best asset to following a paleo lifestyle.  We use emeals and follow the Paleo Meal Plan.  Every week I get an email with lunch and dinner options and I make our meal plan based on the activities we have on our calendar. Wednesday's I work 13-14 hours and so you can bet that I almost always use my crock pot on those nights.  Otherwise, I try to match up the easier meals for our heavier loads on our calendar.   Here's our meal plan for this week. I write out our menu plan on this magnet that's on our fridge.  It makes it easier for me to remember to pull meat and thaw from the freezer in advance. That Jambalaya is in my Instant Pot (on slow cooker mode) as we speak. I've done a horrible job of food pictures that last couple of weeks but wanted to share this recipe with you.  I made ...