Skip to main content

51 Days to go...Overcoming cravings Paleo Style!

I failed to photograph all my food today.  It was same ol' same ol'.  Breakfast was 3 medium eggs, bacon, and 1/2 an avocado.  For lunch I had the rest of the sloppy joe and apple carrot salad from this week.  For supper I had smoked brisket and green beans at a restaurant.  

Today was tough on the cravings.  Before I left for work this morning I threw together a coffee cake (from a box) for the boys for breakfast.  Their babysitter got it out of the oven after I left.  So when I came home this afternoon I could smell the deliciousness!  It instantly turned on my cravings!  I instantly felt a cheat coming on but I knew that I wanted to stay on track.  Before I headed out to do shopping for my big project I packed a HUGE snack.  A little bit over everything to fill me up and keep me on track.  I had about a 30 min. drive and so I took my time enjoying this snack.  Craving avoided.  


I even could smell the chocolate at the cash register when we were checking out.  On the way home I thought about ice cream, candy bars, and all the stuff I couldn't/shouldn't have.  I am happy to report that I am about to go to bed and I did not cave into my craving.  I keep thinking of all those clever posts that I've pinned on Pinterest to keep my eye on the prize and fighting for every pound I still need to loose.  Last week I lost about a pound a day...this week I haven't been so lucky.  But I know that if I would have craved it wouldn't have helped things either.

Staying motivated on a weight loss/feeling better journey can sometimes be difficult.  I know my triggers are pressures at work/life, boredom, and lack of sleep.  I am still trying to navigate the waters on what works to keep myself focused and on track.  Today I was able to stay focused and I'm proud of myself but I know that tomorrow can be just as difficult.  

It also help me to remember that Food Is A Drug #Paleo!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paleo Intermittent Fasting--Emeals Paleo Bacon Turkey Meatloaf Recipe included!

At a recent appointment with my favorite Integrative Medicine Physician, Mr. and I were able to lay it out all on the line and learned how to refocus on our health journey.  Dr. W knows of how successful we've been with changing to a Paleo Lifestyle.  He saw us through it every step of the way last time.  So he asked us (individually) what we knew about Intermittent Fasting.  Admittedly, Mr. and I knew very little and probably still don't know much but Dr. W assures us he's super impressed with what he's seen come from research and thought we'd be perfect candidates. So on August 1st (Actually the 31st of July because it was a Monday), Mr. and I started down this path.  Much like the first time I tried paleo I was a little apprehensive.  I've spent the last several years coaching others to eat 3 meals and 2-3 snacks per day.  I've focused on food so much that I wasn't sure how I was going to slow that train down.  I found that 1. It's a lot easi...

Reset in Progress

So for the next two weeks as I reset my habits and start the cleanse, it may be important for those closest to me to tread very lightly.  I was pretty ill for most of the month of December especially that last week or so.  My body is very ready to cleanse and detox and begin the healing process. The Smith household is having a Paleo Reset starting today.  I sort of wish it was as easy as pushing a reset button but unfortunately it is not.  We started Saturday by cleaning out the refrigerator and the pantry.  We did meal plan and shopping Sunday morning.  We stumbled upon a great price on a whole chicken that was antibiotic and additive free.  So I cooked it in the Instant Pot Sunday to have protein for the week.  After it cooled, I shredded it and put the bones back in with Fish Oil, Carrots, Garlic, and Onion and cooked it for 2 hours to make fresh bone broth.  This made 3 mason jars full of broth. I also made an egg quiche ty...

Meal Plan++Paleo Mulligatawny

Thank you to everyone that responded to my survey.  I really appreciate the feedback and look forward to sharing with you this year.  Meal planning has been our best asset to following a paleo lifestyle.  We use emeals and follow the Paleo Meal Plan.  Every week I get an email with lunch and dinner options and I make our meal plan based on the activities we have on our calendar. Wednesday's I work 13-14 hours and so you can bet that I almost always use my crock pot on those nights.  Otherwise, I try to match up the easier meals for our heavier loads on our calendar.   Here's our meal plan for this week. I write out our menu plan on this magnet that's on our fridge.  It makes it easier for me to remember to pull meat and thaw from the freezer in advance. That Jambalaya is in my Instant Pot (on slow cooker mode) as we speak. I've done a horrible job of food pictures that last couple of weeks but wanted to share this recipe with you.  I made ...